Thank you for using “jollibee.com.hk” (hereinafter referred to as this website). We are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of our consumers’ personal data and pledged to complying with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance of Hong Kong (“PDPO”). In order to protect your privacy while using our website, we hereby explain to you the Privacy Notice of this website. In this Privacy Notice, Jollibee (Hong Kong) Limited is referred to as we, us or our. We are the data user (as defined in the PDPO) in relation to the processing of your personal data described in this Privacy Notice.
By providing us with your personal data, you acknowledge that our collection, use, disclosure and processing of your personal data will be in accordance with this Privacy Notice, including, for the avoidance of doubt, the cross jurisdictional transfer of your data. If you object to how we will collect, use and share your personal data as set out in this Policy, please DO NOT provide any personal data to us.
- Scope of application of the Privacy Notice
Our website may contain links to websites that are not owned or maintained by us. These links are provided only for your convenience. This Privacy Notice only applies to our website and services. The Privacy Notice does not apply to related linked websites other than this website, nor does it apply to persons not entrusted or involved in the management of this website. When visiting and being redirected to these third party websites or engaging third party services, you should read their privacy policies. We are not liable to you in respect of any data you transfer to these third parties websites.
- Collection, processing and utilization of personal data
- When you visit this website or use the functional services provided by this website, we will, depending on the nature of the service function, ask you to provide the necessary personal data, and process and use your personal data within the scope of the specific purposes stated below. This website will not use personal data for other purposes without your consent.
- Jollibee will retain:
- Your email, contact information and time of usage when you use our interactive functions such as service mailboxes and questionnaires.
- Your full name, mobile number, feedback and survey responses, which allows us to improve our services and address any enquires raised by you.
- Your full name, mobile number and any documents submitted for the registration of interest in employment.
- (when using the Jollibee online takeaway service) your full name, mobile phone number, email address, and details about payments and orders made by you, which allows us to send you personalized communications based on your preferences with your consent. While browsing our website, the server will record relevant actions by itself, including the IP address of your connected device, usage time, browser used, browsing and clicking data records, etc., as a reference for us to improve our website services and enhance user experience.
- We also collect, use and share statistical or demographic data derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data will not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. However, if we combine or connect such data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
- We do not collect any special categories of personal data about you (such as race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
- Data Protection
- We are committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure.
- The host of this website is equipped with firewalls, anti-virus systems and other related information security equipment and necessary security protection measures to protect your personal data.. Only authorized personnel can access your personal information. The relevant processing personnel have signed confidentiality contracts. Anyone who violates the confidentiality obligations will be subject to relevant legal sanctions.
- If it is necessary to entrust other units to provide services due to business needs, we will also strictly require them to comply with confidentiality obligations, and take necessary inspection procedures to ensure that they comply with our data protection policy.
- Use of external links on the website
This website provides web links to other websites, and you can also click to access to other websites through the links provided on this website. However, the linked website does not apply the Privacy Notice of this website. You must refer to the Privacy Notice with the linked website.
- Duration of retention of your personal data
- We will not retain your personal data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice, including for the purposes of maintaining our relationship with you as well as satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect of our relationship with you.
- Different retention periods will apply to different types of data. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider any ongoing relationship we have with you, the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
- When we no longer need to use your personal data, we will remove it from our systems and records, and or take steps to anonymise it so that you can no longer be identified from it (unless we need to keep your information to comply with legal or regulatory obligations we are subject to).
- In certain circumstances, you can ask us to deleted or remove your data (see the section entitled “Your Rights under the PDPO” below for further information on your rights).
- Policy on sharing personal data with third parties
We will not provide, exchange, rent or sell any of your personal data to any third party without your prior written consent. If we engage a third party to process your personal data on our behalf, we will adopt contractual or other means to prevent unauthorized or accidental access, processing, erasure, loss or use of your personal data transferred to the data processor for processing.
When you visit this website, we may use cookie files to store and track information about your browsing behaviors or your actions for the purposes of providing our services to you on/for the recommendation of offers, promotions and rendering of services. If you do not want to accept the writing of cookies, you may set the privacy level to high in your browser. You can refuse to accept the cookies, but it may cause some functions of the website to not perform properly.
- Your rights under the PDPO
You have a number of rights under the PDPO in relation to the way we process your personal data, namely:
- to access your data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”) – this enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- to have your data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete – this enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us;
- in certain circumstances, to have your data deleted or removed – this enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Please note however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request;
- in certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of your data – this enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios:
- if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy;
- where our use of the data is unlawful but you don’t want us to erase it;
- where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims;
- you have objected to our use of your data (see below) but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it;
- a right of data portability, namely to obtain and reuse your data for your own purposes across different services. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you;
- to object to the processing of your data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. We will not provide your personal data to third parties for direct marketing or other unrelated purposes without your consent. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms;
- not to be subject to automated decision-making (including profiling), where it produces a legal effect or a similarly significant effect on you;
- the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent and
- to claim compensation by civil action for damages caused by a breach of the PDPO.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact [Info@jollibeehkdelivery.com]
You have the right to complain about data protection matters to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data (“PCPD”). The PCPD was established under the PDPO as the dedicated data privacy regulator in Hong Kong. You can find out more about the PCPD on its website. The PCPD can be contacted by calling 2827 2827.
- Changes to Privacy Protection Policy
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time as our privacy practices change, or as required by applicable legal or regulatory requirements. Where it is practicable, we will notify you of any significant changes. However, the last update date is given below and we encourage you to review this Privacy Notice periodically on our website so you remain informed of how we use your personal data.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These terms shall be governed by the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Hong Kong.
Payment Rules for Online Takeout Self-Pickup Service
- The Jollibee online takeaway service is open to registered members only, and each individual member shall be responsible for all actions, transactions and/or activities on this website.
- Jollibee’s online takeaway service is only applicable to persons who access this website from the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China (“Hong Kong”).
- To use the Jollibee online takeaway service, you must be 18 years old or above. By continuing to use this website, you confirm that you are 18 years of age or older, and we are under no further duty to verify your age.
- We have the right to refuse and/or terminate any person’s use of the Jollibee online takeaway service without giving any reason.
- We have the right to refuse and/or terminate an order if we find that the order is unreliable and/or acceptable after checking the records and/or payment details of the relevant parties.
- We will ensure that food prices and/or food information on this website are correct, but we reserve the right to change food prices and/or food information from time to time without prior notice. Food prices and/or discounts (if any) provided on this website are only applicable to orders made through this Jollibee online takeaway service, and the prices of some food items may differ from those provided by Jollibee branches and/or other food delivery service platforms. Prices may vary, and relevant offers (if any) may not be applicable to Jollibee branches and/or other takeaway service platforms.
- We are not responsible for verifying the true identity and/or authority of the person submitting the order, nor are we responsible for (i) any activity on this website due to the misappropriation or unauthorized use of your information by others (whether you know it or not) and/or (ii) any loss or damage resulting therefrom, which will remain solely your risk and responsibility.
- We will process and/or fulfill valid orders you have submitted through the Jollibee online takeaway service. If we are unable to supply, for any reason (including but not limited to food problems or lack of certain food and/or ingredients), part or all of the food items in the order, we shall have the right to refund (in whole or in part) the unprocessed and/or unfulfilled order without any liability and/or compensation to you or anyone else.
- The food pictures displayed on this website are for general reference only. Not all food pictures displayed on this website can be completely consistent with the actual food. You cannot reject the order solely because it does not match with the photos on the website.
- All Jollibee cash coupons or coupons cannot be used for Jollibee online takeaway service.
- The email containing the takeaway order number (hereinafter referred to as the “confirmation email”) sent by us is only valid for food collection within 1 hour after the order is confirmed (hereinafter referred to as the “valid time limit”), and it will be invalid if it is exceeded. If the validity period exceeds the last business hours of the Jollibee branch where you designate to pick up the ordered food, the latter shall prevail.
- You must arrive at the Jollibee restaurant specified in the confirmation email approximately 20 minutes after the time indicated on the confirmation email to pick up the food you have ordered. If you fail to pick up the food you have ordered at the restaurant within the valid time limit, Jollibee reserves the right to deal with the food and will not accept any request for refund and/or cancellation of the order.
- Please enjoy the food as soon as possible after receiving it. The taste and quality of food may be affected by the time of consumption, and you expressly agree not to hold us accountable for this.
- If you collect the ordered food in person, you must present the confirmation email or display the screen of the confirmation email when picking up the food in order to confirm the order.
- If you authorize another person to collect the ordered food on your behalf, the authorized person must present the confirmation email or display the screen of the confirmation email when picking up the food in order to confirm the order.
- Once the online order payment is completed, the order cannot be cancelled and/or modified, and the amount you have paid will not be refunded. If you have any enquiries about online order payment, please contact your card-issuing bank or financial institution.
- Once the online ordering process is completed, payment is verified and food is picked up within the valid time limit, the entire order transaction will be deemed complete.
- In the event that any food item has indeed gone bad upon delivery, we will refund to you the order amount for the food item that has gone bad. In no event shall either party have any claim against the other hereunder.
- In the event that we mistakenly provide you with other food items other than the food ordered in the confirmation email (“the non-ordered food item”), we may, at your request/choice, refund to you the order money for the relevant food item originally ordered or Deliver the non-ordered food. In no event shall either party bring any claim against the other party hereunder
- All transaction data and/or records shall be based on our data records or those stored in our computer database, pursuant to our Privacy Notice.
- When you use this website, you may provide us with your personal data. You agree that the provision of such personal data is voluntary. We have the right to continue to retain such personal data in accordance with the purpose of collection and applicable law. We will process such personal data in accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance and our Privacy Notice (as updated from time to time). By using this website, you also agree to accept our Privacy Notice, which can be found in the Privacy Notice link. You must ensure that all information you provide to us through this website is true, correct, valid and complete.
- You agree to use this website at your own risk. We shall not be responsible for (1) the use of this website, (2) reliance on any information or materials provided by this website about us and our affiliates, subsidiaries, parent companies, associated companies, suppliers and/or business partners, (3) any omission on our website of information or materials about us and our affiliates, subsidiaries, parent companies, associated companies, suppliers and/or business partners, (4) any material uploaded to this website or (5) links to and from this website.